Friday, April 3, 2020

A Color Interlude - Summer and Fall 2018

This sketchbook was given to me by 'Woolly Mammoth', my neighbors next to the gallery/studio. They found it amidst some collection of items they had purchased for their store.  Someone had filled the first three pages with color pencil drawings of flowers, I used the rest of the sketchbook for these color studies. The background color on each is 'Flashe' paint, a type of vinyl paint that I was attracted to for its' very flat surface. I have since given it up as too difficult to store once it is opened. It dries and leaves little bits in the paint. I then drew on top of the background color with 'Molotow' acrylic paint pens of which I have quite a variety of color and nib width. I had fun and I learned a few things that I have applied to later pieces. These were all made during the summer and fall of 2018.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

INTRODUCTION TO MY SKETCHBOOKS

I have a plan to use this period of social distancing and home isolation to scan and post pages from my old sketchbooks.  Perhaps I will...